- 1 package (10 ounces) chocolate-covered mint cookies*, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Lightly beat eggs and egg yolk; add to cream cheese mixture. Beat on low speed just until combines. Stir in the cream, extracts and food coloring if desired. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPeppermint Chip Cheesecake
"Made this cheesecake to sell at a fundraiser auction. It got rave reviews from the buyer!!"
"I made this cheesecake following the recipe to the T...absolutely delicious. Will probably make it again for the holidays. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Very good! Have used part lowfat cream cheese sometimes, still with excellent results!"
"Everyone who tried this recipe liked it a lot. It kinda tastes like an Ande's mint but creamy. I used a little extra food coloring and mint filled oreos instead of the keebler cookies because our store was out of them. The oreos tasted great as the crust though. I might use a little bit less mint extract next time, but most said it was good how it was."
"I made this for a girls get together. It is very delicious. I am gluten intolerant, so I left out the crust. Then I didn't like the look of mine, so I made a mint chocolate ganache and covered the cake with that. It was beautiful! I didn't have mini chocolate chips, so I chopped up some regular ones and it worked just fine.I was worried that it might be too minty with the ganache, but it got rave reviews from all my girlfriends! It's a hit!"
"I've made this recipe many times, every time is perfect, the texture and flavor are perfect, make sure to crush the cookies very fine or it's hard to cut the cheesecake when cool."