Peppermint Candy Sandwich Cookies
I love to include a little homemade treat in teacher's gifts and hostess gifts. These delicious lovelies come together in 15 minutes, and never fail to charm. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes20 sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening and extracts until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in candies.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture on bottoms of half of the cookies. Cover with remaining cookies.
Originally published as Peppermint Stick Sandwich Cookies in Cookies Digest 2015