Peppermint Candy Sandwich Cookies
I love to include a little homemade treat in teacher's gifts and hostess gifts. These delicious lovelies come together in 15 minutes, and never fail to charm. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes20 sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening and extracts until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until thick and creamy. Stir in candies.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture on bottoms of half of the cookies. Cover with remaining cookies.
Originally published as Peppermint Stick Sandwich Cookies in Cookies Digest 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.