I found this recipe in a cookbook and changed it up to fit the holiday season. The best thing about this dessert is that it only requires three ingredients.—Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
Recommended: Homemade Smiles Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 2 pints peppermint ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream and peppermint candies, optional
- Line two 9-in. cake pans with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray and set aside. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Remove parchment paper. Place one brownie layer in an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Spread with ice cream. Place remaining brownie layer, crumb side down, over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and peppermint candies if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint Brownie Sandwich in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p78