Peppermint Angel Roll
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candies and additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake and spread ice cream over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Cut into slices; drizzle with hot fudge topping. If desired, garnish with crushed candies and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 507 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Feb 16, 2016
Tasted great and looked great, but it didn't take as much ice cream as called for. About 1/2 would be fine.
Jan 7, 2016
I made this cake several years ago for Christmas and my kids ask for it every year and occasionally for their birthday cakes. It's so easy to make and very "Christmasy" with the peppermint ice cream.
Dec 17, 2012
I made this cake with my sister but the angel food cake broke in three pieces as we were unrolling it from the towel (maybe we rolled it up wrong?). I have made jelly roll style desserts before, but since it broke up, we crumbled the cake in the bottom of the jelly roll pan and topped it with icecream. The combination of the light angel food cake and the icecream was very good. Everyone enjoyed it.
Dec 10, 2012
This is also a wonderful summer treat made with sherbet - - one or many flavors.
May 9, 2011
This is a wonderful recipe that can be used for the holidays; however, you can substitute other flavors of ice cream and serve it anytime. It's also simple to make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.