When we barbecue, we like to wow our guests, so dogs and burgers are out! We make tuna skewers topped with salsa—the perfect easy recipe. My five kids like to help me put them together. —Jennifer Ingersoll, Herndon, Virginia
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound tuna steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 2x1-inch pieces
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.
- Rub tuna with pepper. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread red peppers, tuna and mango.
- Place skewers on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tuna is slightly pink in center (medium-rare) and peppers are tender, 10-12 minutes. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Tuna Kabobs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014