Peppered Tombstone Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape 1 cup mixture into a tombstone; coat with pepper. Place on serving platter. With the tip of a sharp knife, write "RIP" on the tombstone. In front of the tombstone, shape remaining mixture into a mound. Sprinkle with pepper; press parsley into mound for grass. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 211 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 25, 2010
Fun and effective, not too difficult to make, this recipe is great for Halloween parties. My tombstone did keep falling forward so I braced it with a cracker at the back. I added roasted garlic to it and wow, lots of flavour in this one. I only used one package of cream cheese though which I believe is 8 oz and everything was fine. Leaves you with dragon breath though! Strong!