When I make these juicy steaks, I brush thin slices of potato with olive oil and grill them alongside the meat. I round out the meal with a spinach and red onion salad on the side and cheesecake for dessert.
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the steak sauce, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons steak sauce mixture on one side of steaks.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place on grill sauce side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce and turn. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peppered T-Bone Steaks in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p121
Reviews forPeppered T-Bone Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2008