Peppered Shrimp and Eggs
Talk about your gourmet eggs...this breakfast dish is so easy to make but just shouts "company's here"! The savory recipe came from a friend, and we save it form holidays and special guests throughout the year.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute green pepper and onion until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and cayenne; add to the vegetable mixture. Add shrimp and bacon. Cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 199 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 299mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Peppered Shrimp and Eggs in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.