Talk about your gourmet eggs...this breakfast dish is so easy to make but just shouts "company's here"! The savory recipe came from a friend, and we save it form holidays and special guests throughout the year.
Recommended: 26 Healthy Meals in a Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute green pepper and onion until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and cayenne; add to the vegetable mixture. Add shrimp and bacon. Cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Shrimp and Eggs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p17