- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried ground oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- Combine all seasonings. Sprinkle over steaks, pressing mixture into both sides to help it adhere. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove steaks; blot with paper towels to remove any surface moisture, taking care to leave as much garlic mixture on steaks as possible. If desired, sprinkle with additional kosher salt. Grill steaks, covered, turning occasionally, on a greased grill rack over medium indirect heat until a thermometer reads 110°. Move steaks to direct heat; continue grilling until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Place on a warm serving platter; cut across grain into thick slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPeppered Ribeye Steaks
"This is a five-star recipe. I made the rub as directed. I only used half the rub on the steaks because I thought that was enough for our taste & I saved the rest for another time. But the seasoning mix is so good. I will never use another pre- packaged rub mix again."
"I left out the thyme in this recipe but without it this recipe still had lots of flavor!! I will be using this again for my steak recipes. I also broiled the steaks instead of grilling them."
"I made the rub as specified but used it on 3 rib-eyes instead of 4, so I used too much rub. They were delicious nonetheless, just a tad bit *too* seasoned. Next time, I will read the directions better. Will definitely make again. Even though hubby and I kept stating "there's too much rub on these steaks", we continued to eat all three, so tasty it was."
"I used these seasonings on some New York Strip steaks and they were delicious! Every time I've made steaks before, I always thought they seemed bland. But you could definitely taste the seasonings on these. My husband said they were better than any steak he'd had even at restaurants."