Peppered Pork with Asti Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 3-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2-3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup Asti Spumante
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Flatten pork to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in 1 tablespoon oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add broth and Asti Spumante. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Stir in cream. Bring to boil; cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce: 330 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 5, 2015
Yummy! Most awesome. Pork was flavorful. The asti gave the sauce a subtle hint of sweetness.
Mar 9, 2012
Pork Tenderloin was as tender as filet mignon, I would have never thought to do this with a tenderloin! This went to the top of my husband's favorite recipes! Even my kids loved it! Wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.