Peppered Pear Celebration Salad
With sweet fruit, a tart dressing and crunchy pistachios, every forkful of this beautiful salad is like a celebration for your taste buds! Assemble it in advance and drizzle with the vinaigrette just before serving.—Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place bread on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Cool. Place in a salad bowl. Top with greens, onion, cheese, grapes, pistachios and cherries.
- Place pears in a small bowl; sprinkle with pepper and toss to coat. Add pears to salad.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peppery Pear Panzanella with Spicy Raspberry-Ginger Vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010