- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and cheese. Add the pepper, salt, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPeppered Meatballs
"This was really good, and made a nice sauce. I used the leftovers over some rolls with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole."
"This recipe is awesome!! If the amount of black pepper puts you off, don't let it!! It gives them a little heat, and really makes them different from other meatballs. They hold their shape beautifully, too, which is really important when serving on a buffet. They are just delicious, and one of the few recipes I didn't alter...at all. You can also use different sauces and make a meal of them. Try marinara, swedish meatball sauce, barbecue...."
"This is my second time making these I used them as a main course over egg noodles. I gave this recipe to my sister and her family also loved them as a main courseover noodles."
"To my horror, I discovered I was out of dill weed after I'd already made the meatballs and was halfway thru the sauce. But I did have a jar of kosher dill pickles, so I used a couple tablespoons. Very good. I also (as usual) used 1 lb soy "burger" crumbles and 1/2 lb ground beef. They held together fine."
"It was very tasty and the family loved it. I made the meatballs larger than normal because I wanted to. they were delicious!"
"All I could taste was pepper and sour cream, it was very sickening, overwhelming."
"The sauce really makes this recipe - sooo good."