Peppered Green Beans
I like the tangy taste of these green beans. The combination of flavors enhances the beans, and the colors make this side dish an attractive addition to any entree. -Chet Sioda, Tacoma, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute red pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add beans; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; drain. Stir in vinegar, pepper flakes if desired, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Peppered Green Beans in Reminisce March/April 2001