Peppered Flank Steak
My mother passed down this recipe to me, and I use it often to make fajitas. The lemon juice and soy sauce give it some zing.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 7 ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Thinly slice across the grain.