Peppered Flank Steak
My mother passed down this recipe to me, and I use it often to make fajitas. The lemon juice and soy sauce give it some zing.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain.
Originally published as Peppered Flank Steak in Country Extra September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips