Peppered Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1. Combine seasonings and rub over entire tenderloin. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: After seasoning, the uncooked tenderloin may be wrapped tightly and refrigerated overnight for a more intense flavor.
Reviews for Peppered Beef Tenderloin
"The rub provides great flavor!"
"This is really good. Makes great cold beef sandwiches."