Peppered Beef Tenderloin
When you're cooking for a crowd that really savors meat, this peppery, tempting tenderloin is perfect! It's important to let it rest for a few minutes before carving to allow the juices to work through the meat. -Margaret Ninneman, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 65 min. + standing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- Combine seasonings and rub over entire tenderloin. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
Editor's Note: After seasoning, the uncooked tenderloin may be wrapped tightly and refrigerated overnight for a more intense flavor.