- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin (3 pounds)
- Combine seasonings and rub over entire tenderloin. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat is cooked as desired. Allow approximately 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or until a meat thermometer reads 150°, 62-65 minutes for medium (160°) and 67-70 minutes for well-done (170°). Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPeppered Beef Tenderloin
"The rub provides great flavor!"
"This is really good. Makes great cold beef sandwiches."