- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless beef sirloin steak (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over steaks and press into both sides. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until meat is cooked to desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPeppered Beef in Garlic Sauce
"This was surprisingly good and not tough, as I thought it could possibly be. I used burgundy and left out the onion. The hot sauce gave it a little kick. Hubby ate it without complaining."