Peppered Beef in Garlic Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 beef sirloin steak (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over steaks and press into both sides. In a nonstick skillet, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until meat is cooked to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1109mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2009
This was surprisingly good and not tough, as I thought it could possibly be. I used burgundy and left out the onion. The hot sauce gave it a little kick. Hubby ate it without complaining.