Pepper-Topped Beef Sandwiches
Pepper provide a perfect way to perk up a plain roast beef sandwich, I make a platterful of these family favorites for gatherings with our five children and grandkids at our country home in the Ozark hills. —Leota Recknor of Ash Grove, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the red and green peppers, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until peppers are tender, about 10 minutes. Add sugar; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Discard bay leaf. Place beef on rolls; top with pepper mixture.