The marinade for this recipe is also excellent for steak or chicken on the grill. Everyone enjoys this full-flavored, hearty main dish.—James Harris, Columbus, Georgia
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 to 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Add meat; toss lightly to coat. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry meat in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Combine water and cornstarch until smooth. Add to meat and vegetables; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p47
Reviews forPepper Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2008
"Fixed this the other night. Subsituted one of the bell peppers with a pablano pepper to spice it up just a touch. Turned of FANTASTIC definately a keeper recipeK.Hanks"