"This hearty luncheon salad is a great way to use up leftover steak," says Amanda Prestigiacomo of Seabrook, Texas. Pepper strips give the chilled medley color while store-bought Italian dressing makes assembly a breeze.
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced cooked beef ribeye steak (1/2 pound)
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the steak, peppers and olives. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Steak Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p16