Pepper Steak Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with cilantro and rosemary.
- Place two tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut steak into thin strips; place on tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, place pepper mixture over steak. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and remaining tortillas; lightly spray top of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 254 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sep 5, 2015
A big hit! Instead of steak, I used pre-sliced thin strips, which I had on-hand. I sprinkled with a bit of steak seasoning and saut?ed in the pan before I did the vegetables.
Oct 24, 2013
we loved this..i used 1 med red onion sliced thin , 2 tortolas and 1/2 c of cheese to make serving size for 2 people
Mar 25, 2011
Delicious, very easy to make. Whole family loved them, even my picky eater.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.