Pepper Steak for One Recipe
- 4 ounces beef round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Pound steak to tenderize; cut into 1/4-in. strips. In a skillet, brown steak in oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, onions and garlic; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Combine cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 320 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Steak for One
"Good pepper steak. Could use some more flavor, maybe some ginger. Will make again, nice to not have a ton of leftovers."