Pepper Steak Fettuccine Recipe
"My husband is a pasta lover, so I created this tangy dish for him," explains Crysta West of New Straitsville, Ohio. Strips of round steak, green pepper and onion make it hearty—and at 99¢ a serving, it's economical, too.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the beef, green pepper and onion in butter until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 468 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1149mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Pepper Steak Fettuccine
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC