Pepper Squash Saute
Here’s an easy and delicious recipe from Janice McCloskey in Howard, Pennsylvania. "I often double it because it’s so good reheated later in the week," she explains.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, summer squash and carrot; saute 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Stir Fry in Light & Tasty February/March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.