Here’s an easy and delicious recipe from Janice McCloskey in Howard, Pennsylvania. "I often double it because it’s so good reheated later in the week," she explains.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, summer squash and carrot; saute 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Squash Saute in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p19