Here’s an easy and delicious recipe from Janice McCloskey in Howard, Pennsylvania. "I often double it because it’s so good reheated later in the week," she explains.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, summer squash and carrot; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Squash Saute in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p19