Pepper Pork Fajitas for 2
Four varieties of bell pepper make this a tasty, bright dish that’ll fill you up but won’t weigh you down. Lise Thomson — Magrath, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 pound boneless pork, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 each medium green, sweet yellow, red and orange pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Place cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook the pork, peppers and onion in oil over medium heat until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in salsa; heat through.
- Place about 3/4 cup filling down the center of each tortilla; top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Fold in sides of tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Fajitas in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009