Pepper Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peas, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and Italian seasoning. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 5 servings.
2/3 cup: 114 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pepper Pea Salad
"This salad needed more zip so I added a generous 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper. This recipe is a nice alternate way to get your greens. Will make again."
"Bland. quick to prepare, but there are better recipes out there."