Pepper Pea Salad
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and Italian seasoning. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 114 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 19, 2015
This salad needed more zip so I added a generous 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper. This recipe is a nice alternate way to get your greens. Will make again.
Mar 29, 2015
Bland. Quick to prepare, but there are better recipes out there.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.