Pepper Pea Salad
Take a break from pasta and potato salads with this easy-to-assemble medley from Jan Roat. "Peas are one of my favorite vegetables," she writes from Grass Range, Montana. "They complement nearly every meal, particularly when used in this cool summer salad."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and Italian seasoning. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 114 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Pepper Pea Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Jul 19, 2015
This salad needed more zip so I added a generous 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper. This recipe is a nice alternate way to get your greens. Will make again.
Mar 29, 2015
Bland. Quick to prepare, but there are better recipes out there.