- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper; place 1 tablespoon in a large skillet and set aside. Add beef to remaining soy sauce mixture; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Add oil to the skillet; heat on medium. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside. Add patties to skillet; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink. Top patties with peppers and onion; heat through. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPepper Patties
"I had made these patties when they were first shown in Taste of Home. I'd used 1 to 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil in the cooking skillet for cooking the patties, peppers and onion in addition TO the 1 tsp. vegetable oil so that the vegetables and meat wouldn't stick to the pan!I found these patties to be delicious! delowenstein"
"The children like these a lot. A nice change from normal burgers."