Pepper ‘n’ Chicken Fettuccine
“My husband, Jim, discovered this healthful recipe, and it’s become a favorite main dish,” says Nancy High in Raleigh, North Carolina. “He’s apt to sneak a hot pepper into the skillet since he believes that hotter is always better!”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt-free herb seasoning blend, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon seasoning blend; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth and remaining seasoning blend.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 300 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pepper-Chicken Fettucini Toss in Light & Tasty August/September 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.