Pepper & Mushroom Corn Pudding
This comforting, savory pudding turns ordinary meals into something to celebrate. It makes a great side dish but is also hearty enough to enjoy as a meatless main course.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed, divided
- 5 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender. Remove and set aside.
- In food processor, combine 2 cups whole kernel corn, cream cheese, cornmeal and sugar; cover and process until smooth. In large bowl, combine the eggs, 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese, cream-style corn, cream and salt. Stir in processed corn mixture, reserved mushroom mixture and remaining corn until well blended.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 376 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Corn Pudding with Mushrooms, Peppers and Cheese in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.