Pepper Lover’s BLT
One of my family's favorite sandwiches is a BLT, and they especially love this one because it combines the tantalizing tastes of bacon, fresh tomatoes and hot peppers.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp Kerrygold cheddar cheese
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers or green chilies, thinly sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 thin slices cooked turkey
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pimientos, pepper and pepper sauce. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread four slices of toast with Dijon-mayonnaise blend. Sprinkle with cheese; top with jalapenos, bacon, tomato, lettuce, turkey. Spread mayonnaise mixture on remaining toast; place over turkey.