Pepper-Lime Pork Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and ground cumin
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lime juice, parsley, vinegar, jalapenos and seasonings; add pork and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Loosely thread the pork slices onto metal or soaked wood skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 14-16 minutes or until the meat juices run clear, turning occasionally.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Feb 9, 2015
These had a really good flavor and simple to assemble. Like the other poster, long marinades don't always work for me due to my lack of planning. But, finally, I did plan these in advance, marinating the full 24 hours, after the recipe sat in my "to try" folder for quite some time.
Jul 8, 2013
This was really good pork but I gave it four stars because I really did not like the long marinating time. This is just me and my crazy life, but it was really hard to get it all together a day in advance, made harder by the fact that I first had to defrost the pork from the freezer, and then marinate for a day. The recipe wasn't hard or necessarily difficult, it was just me :) When I make it next time, I will prepare everything and then throw it into the freezer and use it as a freezer meal, marinating while it defrosts.The taste was very good. I usually don't have great luck with pork on the grill and I was afraid that with the jalepeno that it would be too spicy, but it almost had a little bit of a sweet taste. Really tasty!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.