Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken
- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Cut cheese into two 2-1/4x1x3/4-in. strips. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a strip of cheese down the center of each chicken breast half; fold chicken over cheese and secure with toothpicks. Rub Mexican seasoning over chicken.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
1 each: 292 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Dec 4, 2014
Delicious and easy enough to make anytime, pretty and economical enough to make for guest!
Jul 11, 2013
SO YUMMY, and really easy. I doubled the recipe, and hubby said he could eat 6 more breasts! Not often is he so enthusiastic about dinner. I think I'll tie the chicken next time--the toothpicks were tough to remove.
Aug 7, 2012
This is the most delicious recipe! I search out a recipe for pepper jack chicken after having it at a restaurant but this recipe beat what I ate in restaurant. Can't wait to make for friends but mostly for me!
Jan 15, 2012
This recipe is a hit in my house & each time I have doubled the recipe! Easy to make & very tasty! It also makes for excellent leftovers!
Oct 10, 2011
This was very tasty and my whole family enjoyed it! I will probably make this again.
Aug 19, 2011
made this for the first time and my husband gave it two thumbs up! this is a keeper, very good.
Sep 2, 2010
Very tasty. I cannot tolerate very spicy food; this is just right. Great recipe.