Pepper Jack Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion. Combine the butter and seasonings; drizzle over the potato mixture; toss to coat. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with remaining potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 244 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 4, 2016
I've made these potatoes a few times and we really love them. I use the pepper jack cheese as it adds a bit more flavor, just personal preference. Added a small can of diced green chilies once too. Very good!
Mar 8, 2013
My family loves this recipe! We've made it for others as well, all with positive comments!
Jan 24, 2012
It's rare that I don't like a Taste of Home recipe, but I didn't care for this one at all. It had great potential, but I didn't find it very flavorful. Perhaps tinkering with the spice combination may help. If you're looking for a nice bite, I would definately use the pepper jack vs. the monterey jack cheese. I used the monterey jack and it just didn't do anything for it.
Oct 3, 2008
strongly recomended!!! exellent reciepe!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.