- 8 bacon strips
- 4 tablespoons peppercorn ranch salad dressing
- 8 slices rye bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Place four bacon strips at a time on a microwave-safe plate lined with microwave-safe paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- Spread salad dressing on four slices or bread; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese and remaining bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt butter over medium heat. Cook sandwiches until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPepper Jack Melts
"My husband and 2 sons gave this recipe a thumbs up. Sandwiches get so routine, I am always looking for quick but tasty versions, and this fits the bill."