Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
"If you see a group of people huddled around an appetizer table, it's probably because they're feasting on these fun snacks," writes field editor Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "The cornflakes give them a crisp coating, and the soft creamy center has just enough kick to liven up any party."
- 1 pound block pepper Jack cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Salsa and guacamole
- 1. Cut cheese into 2-3/4x1/2-in. sticks. Place the flour, eggs and cornflakes in three separate shallow bowls. Coat cheese sticks with flour; dip in egg, then roll in cornflakes until well coated. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cook cheese sticks in batches for 30 seconds or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Let stand for 3-5 minutes. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Jan 1, 2012
I used Panko bread crumbs instead of corn flakes; worked like a charm.
Jan 1, 2012
These were fantastic! They are a very nice change from your typical mozzarella sticks. I have made these a couple of times and will continue to make them. YUM!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC