Pepper Cheese Omelet
Packed with red peppers, onion, paprika and cheese, this savory omelet from Susan Rekerdres of Dallas, Texas is as scrumptious for lunch or dinner as it is for brunch. “And so easy to double or triple for guests,“ she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, milk, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are set, sprinkle half of the onion, red pepper and cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients.