Pepper Beef with Cashews
I created this recipe after seeing an Asian version of pepper steak. The pretty peppers make this dish look so attractive and are a nice sweet contrast to the peppery beef.—Sharon Wolf, Camrose, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons beef broth, divided
- 1 each large sweet red, yellow and green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Stir in 2 tablespoons broth. Add peppers. Cover and steam for 1 minute.
- Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in oyster sauce if desired and soy sauce. Combine cornstarch with remaining broth until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews.
Served over hot cooked rice or pasta, Pepper Beef with Cashews is special enough for company yet quick enough for every day.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 340 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Pepper Beef with Cashews in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips