- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope sloppy joe seasoning
- 2 pounds beef stew meat (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, tomato paste, vinegar and sloppy joe seasoning. Stir in the beef, celery and green pepper. Cook, covered, on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings
Reviews forPepper Beef Goulash
"I don't know if there is a mistake in this recipe when it says to cook on HIGH setting of slow cooker but when I did that, the meat was so tough, rubbery and over-cooked that I had to throw the whole thing out. It was that inedible. I suspect that it may have turned out great if I had used low setting or even cooked in oven for 4-5 hours at a low temp such as 250."
"We both enjoyed this recipe as is."
"Surprisingly flavorful and oh, so easy! May need to rename it in my recipe box as it doesn't fit under my definition of "goulash" but one way or another, I will find this and make it again!"
"This had a wonderful flavor and was easy to make. We topped it with a little sour cream."
"This is a good way to make goulash, very tasty and different from the sour cream gravy"
"This was tasty! The sauce reminded me of what my mom use to cook stuffed green peppers in. Served white rice AND mashed potatoes."
"This is an excellent recipe. easy to put together and everyone in my family enjoyed it from the first time I made it. I cook this on low in my crock pot for 4 hours only."
"Excellent, & easy!! I'd give it 10 stars if I could. Made it for a family get together and everyone said it was a keeper!! We had this over egg noodles but next time we will try rice or even mashed potatoes. It was a hit at our house and we'll be making it again soon. Thanks for posting this great dish!"
"I made this recipe,so easy and tasty.I served mine over whole wheat noodles,turned out awesome"