- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup each diced green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado
- In a bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, peel and chop the avocado; stir into the salsa. Serve with chips or as an accompaniment to meat, poultry or fish. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews forPepper Avocado Salsa
"I have made this recipe three times. I have seen this dish disapppear in a matter af moments. This is one of the best salsa recipes for the summertime! This dish has been the focus of the party and demands for this recipe has been great! Try this salsa recipe and you will be the star of your party!"