Pepper Asiago Loaf
With its golden crust and tender interior, this high, rustic-looking white bread is a great addition to any main course. Green onions and coarsely ground pepper give it a little bite.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).