Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt; add to drippings. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over chops.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes. Let chops stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops
"A true taste of Lancaster County PA. I really don't think you need to thicken the sauce with the cornstarch/water mixture. The sauce thickened enough in the oven!"
"I did not make with the ingredients listed when I opened the fridge my hubby drank the last of the piineapple juice so i used orange juice. I was also out of white vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar they came out so moist with great raves from the family."
"I used boneless pork loin chops and it only needed 45 minutes cooking time total."
"I'ma make this for my family it looks good so I hope they will like it! :}~ SMILE!"
"Very good! This recipe was delicious!"