Penne with Caramelized Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pine nuts and garlic in butter until golden brown; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the olives, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Drain pasta; add to onion mixture. Stir in feta cheese and pine nut mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 374 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 23, 2019
Outstanding!! I had made a greek pork roast and was looking for a pasta dish to go with it and found this... easy, I had everything on hand and absolutely delicious!! I already added it to my cookbook. Thanks for sharing!!
Aug 12, 2015
This was incredibly easy to make, and delicious too!
Mar 4, 2011
This is a family favorite. I use a whole container of feta, the more cheese the better.
Jan 13, 2010
Delicious, presents nice and easy to make. I used a bit more pasta and feta cheese the first time I made it, next time I think I'm also going to add more onion (1/2 to 1 whole) and cut it into long slices as opposed to chopping it, so it is more prominent.
Jul 20, 2009
This was excellent. I used a little more pasta, and increased the feta to about 1 full cup. Even my husband, who generally doesn't like feta and Greek olives, really enjoyed.