Penne with Cannellini Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 325 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2010
This was a great healthy quick supper after a long hot day at the playground and the pool with the kids, my husband ate 2 huge platefuls!I cooked the pasta with the tomatoes so it was not soupy at all since the pasta just soaked up the liquid. My daughter even liked it and she is picky.
Feb 22, 2010
I add extra Italian Seasoning. Great for a light summer dinner.
Jan 19, 2010
Pretty bland, and the sauce was too thin.