Penne Primavera with Shrimp
A delicate cream sauce seasoned with garlic enhances this mouthwatering combination of pasta, veggies and shrimp. "Feel free to substitute other vegetables, like asparagus, green beans or zucchini."—Rosemarie Bronko, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen baby carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; cook for 7 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 4 minutes. Add peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute shrimp and garlic in oil until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to medium; stir in the cream, broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; add to shrimp mixture. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 301 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Pasta Primavera with Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.