- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPenne Gorgonzola with Chicken
"Not for my family. I love gorgonzola, but not this recipe."
"This was yummy! I scaled down the gorgonzola -per reviews- to 5 oz (one container) and honestly would have liked the full 8 oz! But I really like gorgonzola!! I added a chopped roma tomato and recommend it. Even my picky husband liked it!"
"Gorgonzola cheese is too strong a flavor"
"This was amazing! My only changes were half&half and dried sage, as this is what I had on hand. I used the full amount of gorgonzola, and it was delicious!"
"If I could give this zero stars I would. It was too overpowered by the cheese and was not edible for my family. I'm usually very good at making recipes this was A complete waste of time and money ."
"Just made this and it was so yummy!! Boyfriend loved it too. Definitely recommend if you feel like eating a hearty rich cheesy delicious meal. Next time I will cut back on the gorgonzola just a bit, maybe 6 instead of 8 ounces. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Loved it! I used Vermouth instead of opening a new bottle of wine, and I substituted with fresh mozzarella. Cheesy, Creamy Goodness. Yum!!"
"Ooo, this is our kind of a pasta/chicken dish, sine we love pasta, & any kind of blue cheese! I used (whole wheat) penne 'rigati', since the little ridges on the pasta help the sauce stick to it. I substituted half & half for whipping cream, in order to keep down some of the fat calories. I had Chardonnay wine on hand, so I used that. The fresh sage (which is my favorite herb) added a lovely flavor and aroma to this dish, and the grated cheeses paired very nicely with this dish. I used 2 cloves of finely minced garlic, and lower sodium chicken broth.... and my dish was still very delicious. I served it with a garden salad and garlic bread. I'll definitely make this again."
"I used to make this often but somehow forgot about it. Thanks for this recipe. I cannot imagine altering it unless it would be to add a bit of vodka. : ) If good Gorgonzola is used, the 2 cups are fine. The sage is a genius touch as I usually us fresh basil. This is fine for penne and the larger pasta elements that do not need so much sauce poured over them. The sauce clings to this kind of pasta very well. The Gorgonzola really shines through. Anyone who loves this cheese will love this dish."
"This was very tasty. I changed it up some by using dried spices and whole wheat pasta. I'll definitely be making this again!"